Walk and cycle - volunteering
We’re looking for volunteers to lead free adult walking
and cycling groups in Medway.
Could you motivate others to be more active?
Please join us on our free volunteer training and gain the
knowledge to lead these enjoyable social groups.
Volunteer Walk Leader Training
This is a free one-day course for anyone willing and able to
lead walks in the community.
The course covers practical advice on leading a group and how to
keep people motivated, including:
- practice in leading a walk
- the benefits of walking
- understanding the role of the leader at the start, during and
at the end of a walk
- become familiar with the paperwork required
- follow-up support to help you make the most of your new
- the confidence to lead a walk.
What you will need for the training days
- suitable clothing and footwear – you will be walking
- Llght lunch provided with tea or coffee.
What is expected of you after the training
- All walk leaders are expected to commit to a minimum of four
hours a month.
For more information